A Blog for Sarah

Books, music, and everything I love all in one website!

A Passion

March17

My room is full of them, I couldn’t pick my favorite to save a life, and I keep my nose stuck in one. I love books, and try to read as much as possible. Books are a gateway to new adventures, ones that are probably easier to access than many others.

Fantasy books unleash a world unknown, a world that we could never visit without a book. J.K. Rowling left me and many others waiting for a letter from Hogwarts the summer after our 11th birthday, Kami Garcia and Margret Stohl shoved my brain into the world of casters in Beautiful Creatures, and I hope they do the same for you. Fiction filled books give us experiences that are impossible to actually have in many cases, which makes them so addictive.

Historical Fiction books are like personal time machines made of paper that put you into the times of old, how could that not be an amazing journey? Science Fiction can also be a time machine into the future and into different  universes. We are always speculating on what the future will be like, and a SciFi novel is basically all those ideas on a plot line with characters we can’t help finding, or wishing they are, real. Books have shown us past and future but we can’t ignore the present; Realistic Fiction. This genre is probably my favorite, even though when it comes to books picking favorites is like stabbing my fingers with needles. Sometimes we wish our lives were different or we just need to know other people struggle with the same things as us, which is what these writers strive for in an adventure similar to the one we experience every day.

Each day, each book is a new adventure. People who refuse to read live one life, where as I read, and choose to live many lives.

Photo Credit: Sarah P

This is my 2nd challenge entry.

by posted under Books, Edublogs Challenge | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“A Passion”

1. April 5th, 2013 at 10:51 am      Reply Abigail Says:

Hi Sarah,
    I’m Abigail, and I am a student in Mr.Miller`s 7th grade class. I like your post because I also like reading lots of books. I know you because you wrote a comment in my blog. Is your room really filled with lots of books?
    – Abigail http://mrmillersstudent4.edublogs.org/

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar